Tuesday 31 January 2012

Heath Robinson

After a meeting with one of my tutors i was directed towards an inventor by the name of Heath Robinson, his eccentric ideas and crazy inventions meant he was widely accepted as being mad. It so happens that his style of inventing, aided in the development of my illustrations.






His general concept for inventions appear to promote laziness and ease of living, however the thing i find most interesting is the round-about way in which the inventions go about achieving the task they were invented to perform. Although strictly speaking my kettle for example will still be for boiling water, it has been downgraded to run using a combustion engine rather than electricity which is evidently far more efficient in almost every way.

I can across a few other good sources of inspiration through my development process, namely the machine in "the breakfast machine" which is simply brilliant. This inspired to expand my idea to instead address, much like Robinson, making like easier. I decided however to not pursue this ideas as part of my main project as time would not permit me to deviate this late on in the process.


No comments:

Post a Comment