Monday 30 January 2012

Deciding upon a solid direction

I played with a few ideas all at early stages with most of my focus being on inanimate objects and engine art. During my research i decided to experiment instead with a combination of the two, which in turn lead me to the decision to create a final based on highly mechanical household objects. I decided to use household objects as they were easy subjects to draw, engines however were not so easy and Google images instead provided me with some inspirations.

I looked into mechanical drawings and exploded drawings to get an idea on components and style.


Also i looked into blue prints as a source of inspiration, in the blue print below its the batcar from the early Batman movies, however its the sketchy style with the information surrounding it that i think i could employ in my illustration.

However i found that my primary source of inspiration was cutaway diagrams of various machinery



I found these to be most useful as the thoughts i had concerning my illustration often end up looking like something similar to these diagrams, although on a smaller scale the idea is similar.



No comments:

Post a Comment